Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Allandra de Aiud

Tonight I met Allandra de Aiud in an online play money poker game. Watch out for this lady. She cleaned my clock! But I must say that her English is excellent, and that at the table she put a nasty heckler very neatly in his place.

To answer your question, Allandra, I drove Klaus through Aiud on several trips from Cluj to Sibiu or to Bucharest, and on one trip with my wife Shirley that took us all the way to Calafat and back. As you peruse this blog you will learn of my many travels in your wonderful country over the past year.

I hope to hear from you again, either online or in person, as Shirley and I intend to return next spring to visit our friends in Romania.

If you want to keep in touch, please leave me your e-mail address in a comment. (I promise to delete that address from the blog in the interest of your privacy, so please make it the whole of one comment.)

Noapte buna!

Oldrider

Comment:
Blogger allandra_popa said... Thank you for all your nice word about me,:)))well mostly about my game. It was interesting to meet you and sorry for cleaning you up.:) I've started to read your blog and it was truly impressed to find out about your work. It must be really fascinating. I'm anxious to read all your impressions about our small and colorful country, because I'm sure it was something totally different from what you were accustomed, but not in a bad way. I would love to keep in touch on e-mail and even meet you and your wife, but only if you make a quick stop in Paris on your way to Romania. If not in a couple of years I want to come to New York and maybe then. But until hope to hear from you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Professor McDougall! This is Nick from Bucharest. I see you have quite a few friends around here, and if I may, I would like to join the crowd that admires your work. Speaking of friends, I had the great opportunity to meet your PSU colleague Robert Garlitz, Professor of English, who actually told me about your Fulbright experience. I thought that was very impressive, and while going through your blog posts I became aware of your continuous connection with Romania. I e-mailed you a few days ago on your PSU address, and even called your office today, but they told me you are currently traveling. Since I am in New Hampshire for a while, I am very interested in meeting you in person, and I hope we will have this opportunity when you come back in the area.

Romanian Salut from Manchester, NH

Duncan McDougall said...

Hello Nick,

I have sent you and Bob an invitation to lunch next week, via Bob's PSU e-mail account. You may reach me directly at oldrider_nh@yahoo.com.

Duncan