Monday, February 23, 2009

Learning to Teach (and Vice-Versa)

It is Monday. A new semester has begun. My first class is tomorrow at the Faculty of European Studies, and will meet from 4:00 to 8:00 PM (with a break or two) in the Einstein Hall at a building that was once a synagogue, and which houses the faculty offices of the Hebrew Studies Department. My course is called American Economy and Business, and is part of the UBB American Studies Program.

This course will be a new prep for me. I am going to be learning along with my students, a common experience in my 28 years of teaching. I believe I have taught at least fifteen different courses, so taking on a new prep is not so daunting as it may seem to some. Look back in the archives, and you'll find a post called "The Hard Life of a Utility Infielder. I am so called by my chairman back at PSU.

So, wish me luck, dear readers, for I will soon learn if I am young enough still to do so!

No comments: