Saturday, November 15, 2008

Saturday at Piaţa M. Viteazul Nr. 1

Not much happenin', though I did scope out how to get my computer to type the Romanian alphabet today. That is a big step, because the "Piata" is a statue of the Virgin Mother holding her Child, and the "Piaţa" is the square on which I live. And now I can spell the name of my friend and dean correctly in my blog: "Mihaela Luţaş."

Also done today:
  • Completed my ACBSP prep work and e-mailed it off to the sainted Diana Hallerud at the headquarters in Overland Park, Kansas. Diana is one of the most dedicated people I have ever worked with.
  • Did a laundry.
  • Watched "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" on The Hallmark Channel. (Poor old Ichabod Crane.)
  • Finished my pea soup and rice for dinner. Last night I made my first Romanian stir fry, and I have enough left for Sunday's lunch. Stir fry was my staple diet in Greece, but here it has been ciorba de fasole (bean soup), which everyone at home knows I do in many forms, legume soups being among my favorite foods. (No more major cooking until I return from Kansas City.)

No comments: